Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Lentil , sweet potato and curly kale soup

Soup is amazing! I'm definitely guilty of throwing everything in the pot, and I don't really think much about flavours,  rarely have I made a pot of soup with two main ingredients.

Last  night was no exception, I was using up some ingredients that I had in my kitchen.

I made a small pot of soup, enough for me - twice!

Ingredients

1 Carrot
1 Leek
1 Sweet potato
Large handful of red lentils
Vegetable stock
Large bunch of curly kale (maybe 4/5 big leaves?)


Method

Chop up the carrot, leek and sweet potato and 'sweat' in the pot with some olive oil for 5 minutes.

Add the red lentils (rinsed) and enough boiling water to cover, and add a vegetable stock cube.

Cover, and let boil, bubble and simmer for 25 minutes.

Add the curly kale, roughly cut but still quite chunky, and cook for a further 5 minutes.

Then enjoy!

Adding the kale in at the end means it doesn't wilt away to nothing, and is still chewy. hmmm. Chewy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you fancy, leave a comment :)