Search This Blog

Friday 13 January 2012

Problems with pilates, and perseverance

Last night KW and I went to our second pilates class of the year. I really enjoyed last weeks class, mostly because it was the first formal exercise I had completed since about 3 weeks before before the Christmas break ( I gave up ).

Last night was quite a toughy... I'm not sure if its because I have been to a few other classes already this week and my body was just really tired, or if it is actually just my form. I am lucky to have a wonderful pilates teacher. She spends the first twenty minutes making sure we are set up in 'neutral' (http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesexercises/ht/NeutralSpine.htm) and limbering us up. We find neatral in a standing position, and it is quite uncomfortable. Not sore uncomfortable, but I can definitely tell that its not a position I regularly stand in!

With each exercise the instructor provides us with levels, so you dont have to go straight in the deep end. I think for the next few weeks I'm going to work on level one, even if I dont find it that difficult and gradually work my up, ensuring that I'm holding everything in the correct place and doing it right. The progress between level 1 and 2 may be increased if I actually practice some at home.

This spurred a conversation between KW and myself regarding how hard it is to do things that are positive for your mind and body and sustain it for a long period of time. I have grand illusions of this person that I want to be, living my life full of mindfulness and being more compassionate, healthy, open minded , enquisitive, creative and energetic. While I'm at work I yearn to be off and could name numerous things that I would rather be doing - yet when I'm off I sleep late and waste lots of my time doing medial things, or on occassion doing nothing at all!

What is the key to changing habits of a lifetime and coming into being more? By not resting on my laurels with my life, and by continuing to think of a better me I feel as though I am one stop closer. You have to have some ambition or dream to work towards or else you may stay stagnant forever. I want to blossom. I want to open my mind to the wonders of everything. I want to stretch my mind and challenge my own perceived limitations. I want to live every minute of my life with attention, dedication, love and enjoyment.

I want to go home and watch soaps while crocheting a crobot.

Love, as ever x

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you fancy, leave a comment :)