Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Clothes Swishing Party

January. A month of cold, dark days that seem even longer due to the frivolous overspending that occurs over the festive period. Yuk.

We decided to beat the January blues by hosting a 'swishing' party - probably more commonly known as a 'Clothes Swapping Party'. Planned since November, all of the girlies involved had plenty of time to gut out their wardrobes and prepare for a day of nibbles, chat, drunkeness and clothes swapping.

I offered my house as the venue, possibly a weird choice as my flat is so small, but on the grand scheme of things a good choice for me as I will soon be renting it out and moving in with Schmerc. This could perhaps be the last time I have lots of my favourite homies in my gaff at the same time. Being the hostess I had a bit of organising to do, in terms of acquiring most of the clothes, and sorting into sizes. A boring task, but a very important one. Imagine how disappointed the larger ladies would be to be picking up clothes that were 3 sizes too small? (I fall into that category). So, I tried to organise it as best as I could, with some help from my wonderful friends, BS and MW. ( I still havent asked permission to use real names yet - doh!!)


This is my living room before people arrived, and with perhaps 40% of the goodies on offer.


A selection of jewellery and other 'sundries' on offer. I got me a new diary (I LOVE IT!!) and some make up.


We started, and thankfully we tried to have some sort of method. My mild OCD showing through again I think!! The general idea at the beginning was to spend 10 minutes browsing, and when I said 'GO!' we all collected our most sought after 5 items. This definitely worked better than a free for all, with 15 odd crazy mad ladies all elbowing their way in to find the best garments!



The drink was flowing, and the obligatory drunkness, madness and shenanigans ensued... including a 'fashion mistakes' fashion show....

 

As you can see, even the wee people got involved! Ain't she cute?

So, yeah. It was a great way to spend a Saturday in January, without spending too much money. You get the benefit of laughs and giggles, coupled with fine chat, food and an excuse for a party - and you even get to leave with some new threads!

Don't mind if I do.

Thank you to all my friends for being pure dead gallus and that, like no?

Peace out mo fo's.

LT x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you fancy, leave a comment :)