Search This Blog

Thursday 5 January 2012

Orpheus and the Prayer Flags

The item on the left is Lotus Flower Mandala Prayer flag... I made two sets for Christmas presents, one for Kyzo and the other for D & MW. I think they are pretty swell. I loosely followed a pattern from a cool blog called 'Crochet and Healing with Raymond'. I say 'loosely followed', as it transpires that I'm not very good at following crochet patterns. I think the best thing about crochet though is that when you are mid-project you can see how its meant to be and free style a bit to get the desired effect. I'm pretty positive that from all of the 10 'flowers' made for the prayer flags, only 1 will have a nib that looks like what it is supposed to look like. Ocht well.
The wee dood on the right is called 'Orpheous'. He is an octopus I made for Clatty Natty's Christmas. Again, he's not perfect. Infact, I believe that every single tentacle is a different shape/size/length. I like the gammyness of him - thats what makes him special! I left an adoption note with him, begging Clatty to love him, warts and all. He he!  This is a style of crochet called 'Amigurimi'. I bought a wee book on Amigurimi that has a pattern for a proper octopus.... I might try and make another one for Clatty's birthday. Although to be fair - that one might end up gammy too with my inability to properly decipher crochet patterns.  I have faith though..... my time will come!!
Thats all for today folks, I just wanted to showcase my delights that I couldn't show case before as they were presents for folks.

Love n light

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you fancy, leave a comment :)