Search This Blog

Monday 16 April 2012

Sewing curves and volunteering


Happy Monday everyone!

I've not posted in a  while as I had hoped to have something great to show you - but alas, my project is hardly off the ground! I keep on uttering that I think I am more willing than I am able, and I have to say - its true!

I am trying to make a teddy for my nephews 1st birthday (6 days from now). I have all of the components drawn up and cut out, ready for assembling. I decided to create wee patches for the teddies paws and a bigger silky one for his belly. Herein lies the problem - I can't sew curves on my sewing machine! To be fair, I can barely sew a straight line at a constant speed, but hey ho! I decided to try it out on a scrap piece of material and I was almightily glad that I decided to try it out before plunging straight in. ooft! What a mess! So, until I manage to nail it, my next adventures with the sewing maching will be me practising sewing in a circle.

 See? I wasnt joking! It IS a mess :(

 
On a more positive note I found a really cool charity that is looking for volunteers to work with disadvantaged young people aged 16 - 30. The programme helps them in personal development endeavours through the use of the outdoors. It sounds mighty fine and I have been excited all day! Unfortunately the volunteer coordinator wasnt in today, so I'll have a chat with her tomorrow and send over my application form. It sounds 100% awesome. If I am able to volunteer I will probably stop volunteering with the Brownies, as this is more up my street and the experience could help towards a change in career in the future - if I was going to.

All in all, its quite exciting!

Is there anything exciting you at the moment?

LT x

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you fancy, leave a comment :)