Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Lunch Time Productiveness


I have been quite bad of late, I seem to have lost a lot of enthusiasm for most things. Well, technically speaking that's not true, I still have the enthusiasm, but what I lack is the motivation. This is true for all things creative, as well as all things healthy like exercising and cooking. (You should have seen Schmerc's face when it was my turn to make dinner and I presented a meal of potato rosti's, corn beef bake and beans straight from the oven - well except for the beans!)

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to get motivation back is by DOING. If I make myself do something, I get a wee buzz, and that wee buzz spurs me on to do more.

My new gaff is 2 minutes walk away from my work, so I regularly go home for lunch. That's all I do, lunch. Occasionally I clean and tidy, and then I lie on the couch sucking my thumb and playing with the cats until its time to go back to work.

Not today!

While I was lying on the couch sucking my thumb I realised that there is a whole host of stuff that I could be doing with the remaining half hour before work. I toddled off to my Doing Stuff room and got out some stuff to be doing. I completed two rows of the monkeys head (the monkey that I was supposed to have finished last Saturday as it was a present for Lewis. Oops.). The picture above is all I have so far - part of the head. I'm on the decreasing rows now, so its nearly finished. I need to make the eyes and muzzle from felt and sew them on before the hole gets too small.

I have decided that from this day forth I will use my lunch time to work on this project, and at night time with every spare minute between reading and soap watching I will work on something else.

If you ask me, that's quite a good decision. Oh. I forgot to add that I'm going to gym tonight too, so it is working out to be a very productive day indeed. '2 rows' and 'very productive' don't REALLY go hand in hand, but the productiveness really comes from the decision to be productive. That in its own right is productive :)

I hope this motivation lasts!

LT x

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you fancy, leave a comment :)